BKC professionals are well-trained in the financial accounting and reporting standards relevant to employee benefit plans, and have extensive knowledge in ERISA rules and regulations. As specialists in this complex and ever-changing area, our experienced staff understands the impact of new regulations or policies to ensure your employee benefit plans are in compliance with federal laws and current accounting principles. At BKC we serve as independent auditors on plans which vary in size and scope, according to the needs of each client company. These include:
- 401(k) Plans
- Profit Sharing Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- Defined Benefit Plans
- Health & Welfare Benefit Plans
Employee Benefit Plan Services include:
- Limited and full scope financial statement audits
- Benefit Plan advisory services
- Consulting services related to employee benefit plans and Department of Labor regulations
- Assistance with Department of Labor inquiries and examinations
- Review and consultation of plan design
- Working with plan administrators to keep them up-to-date on current changes and practices
BKC maintains voluntary memberships with the following organizations to ensure the highest level of employee benefit services:
- American Institute of CPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- BKC is committed to adhering to the highest quality standards by voluntarily agreeing to the Center’s membership requirements, which include designating a partner responsible for our employee benefit plan audit practice, establishing quality control programs, performing annual internal inspection procedures, and making our peer review report findings publicly available.
- BDO Alliance USA
- BKC is an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals. Through this alliance, BKC can expand the services offered to clients by drawing on the resources of BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional services firms, and other Alliance members. The firm serves clients through 52 offices and more than 400 independent Alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of 1,264 offices in 144 countries.
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- The PCAOB aims to improve audit quality, reduce the risks of auditing failures in the U.S. public securities market and promote public trust in both the financial reporting process and auditing profession. The PCAOB has very high quality control standards which are rigidly enforced, a factor, which further elevates the service offerings of our CPA firm, having earned PCAOB membership.
- Other memberships
Our Dedicated Team
BKC’s dedicated team of employee benefit plan auditors stay current in this highly technical practice area. They are dedicated to monitoring proposed regulations and will assist you in remaining compliant now and in the future.
At BKC, we offer superior cost/benefit with partner-level involvement. BKC was founded in 1992 to provide solid accounting, tax and business consulting with superior client service. Having worked in “big accounting firm” environments, we sought to establish a company that had paralleled technical capabilities, but with a deeper commitment to building long-term client relationships. BKC provides all of these critical qualities clients require for success.
At BKC our goal is to continue to enhance our quality initiatives within our employee benefit plan audit practice to deliver the highest quality audit services possible. We encourage our clients to view BKC as a trusted resource and strategic partner to be utilized throughout the year.
Contact us at (908) 782-7900 or complete a REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL for your no obligation quote.