Fortunately our workforce has not been directly impacted by COVID-19 with no known cases. However, our office doors are currently closed as it relates to the NJ shutdown. Most of our workforce is working remotely or on alternate/reduced schedule. If you experience longer than usual turnaround times, please know we are doing our best to get back to you quickly and accurately. Please stay in tune with our website blog as we will continue to share important news for businesses and individuals, such as extended tax due dates and emergency relief and more.
Below, we’ve outlined some options to minimize potential risks in spreading the virus:
- We always look forward to visiting with our clients face-to-face, however, under these unusual circumstances, we are encouraging electronic communications to exercise Social Distancing to protect both our staff and our clients against virus spread. We can achieve the same quality, care and attention to detail by reviewing your documents electronically and discussing any issues over the phone or via email, as needed.
- In lieu of a face-to-face meeting, you could schedule a phone or video meeting with your preferred Tax Practitioner to review your tax information to discuss any changes or concerns before we begin preparation.
- When possible, please utilize your secure online portal available through our website, to share confidential documents with us. This includes source documents such as Forms W-2 and 1099 to prepare your income tax returns, as well as signed efile authorization forms being returned to our office. Please do not send anything including your Social Security numbers through unencrypted email. If you need assistance, please call us or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to set you up with a client portal, or find an alternative solution right for you.
- If you are unable to scan and send us documents electronically via your secure online portal, you may also utilize Certified Mail or Overnight Delivery options for original documents (please note our new Flemington address), drop off your documents at one of our offices (call ahead to arrange) or Fax to (908) 782-4328.
- Inform us if you would prefer that we provide your completed income tax returns via your secure online portal instead of mail.
Rest assured that BKC is taking enhanced measures to sanitize our offices multiple times each day, and additionally, have implemented travel restrictions for our employees to further reduce exposure. If your business needs assistance in reviewing preparation, processes and procedures or updating financial plans relative to the economic impacts of the coronavirus we are here to help.
As changes occur, we will update you immediately with details. Thank you for your business. We wish you and your loved one’s good health. If you have any questions or further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact one of our offices.